To all our site visitors: Please find here opportunities for employment and volunteer activities. Directions for making application are contained in the listed advertisements. If you have comments or suggestions please send comments to our webmaster at email@example.com.
Newman Memorial United Methodist Church
The Church Administrative Assistant serves under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor, managing specific activities of the church office and performing administrative duties related to the church’s operation. This is a part-time position with a four-day work week, Monday – Thursday, for a total of 16 hours.
Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC). The following are the primary responsibilities:
- Print, copy and deliver all worship bulletins to the ushers and other designated persons by Sunday morning
- Check the church email daily and forward the same to the Pastor for review and distribution to other designated parties.
- Collect, timestamp and open hand-delivered mail daily, placing all mail in a folder for the Pastor’s review, and distribute as directed
- Check the church phone’s voice mail daily and record in the message note log the pertinent information (I.E. name, phone number and date). Distribute to the appropriate parties.
- Update and maintain the office filing system
- Update and maintain the church directory
- Organize all bills and payroll documents to present to the bookkeeper on a weekly and bi-weekly (payroll) basis
- Other clerical duties as required by the church management
Skills and Qualifications:
Some college is preferred; however, candidates must have a high school diploma. Strong written communication skills are preferred. Candidates must be patient, reliable, possess good listening skills and be detail-oriented. Knowledge of standard office equipment, i.e. computer systems, printers, copiers, scanners and phone systems is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel is required, with knowledge of Publisher preferred.
Candidates must send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org ATT: SPRC For additional information please contact the church office during normal business hours at (718) 622-7955